Serving Iowa With Integrity and Commitment

Des Moines Custody Modifications Attorney

A divorce decree may appear final — and it is, but families continue to change and grow over time, even after a divorce. Child custody and child support orders that made sense at the time of a divorce may become outdated because:

  • Either or both parents have had a significant increase or decrease in income
  • The parent with primary custody has proposed a move-away; this parent wants or needs to move to another geographical area, with revised child custody arrangements.

Perhaps you believe there are good reasons to lower child support payments that you make each month. Spousal support is also sometimes subject to change, such as when the recipient spouse remarries. Whatever the circumstances and whichever side of a proposed support or custody modification you are on, you should consult with a family law attorney. Your lawyer should be prepared to explain clearly your opportunities and obligations according to the law, and how to present a compelling case in favor of your position.

Des Moines Custody Modifications Lawyer

Contact an attorney to discuss any objections you have to the other parent’s (or your ex-spouse’s) proposal for a modification and decide whether it is cost-effective to contest a change that you disagree with. Conversely, if you are the one proposing a modification in custody or support, talk over with an understanding lawyer on the most likely to succeed methods of achieving your goals. Contact Balduchi Law Office, PC, in Des Moines for knowledgeable and compassionate advice and assistance having to do with any aspect of child custody, child support or spousal support modifications.

Des Moines Child Support Modification Lawyer

Iowa clients appreciate the personalized approach that we take in our family law practice. They quickly come to realize that we mean it when we say we care about their concerns. Ultimately, we aim to help divorced and separated Iowans cope with family changes that may have an impact on custody or support orders. Call 515-954-3586 or toll free at 800-405-7921, or email the law firm through this website to schedule a consultation about your family law matter.